Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It gave me the shakes

As most of you know I had to play in church on Sunday I arrived a few minutes before Sunday school let out I tuned my violin and went in. After Sunday school let out I put the hymn numbers up for Norah I turned around and man a ton of people were there. Sitting down I shook from head to toe and whispered to myself What have you gotten yourself into thanks to Mary Ellen I one supporter that kept telling me I would do fine. Of course Mike talked forever about new Church's and young people. Finally they announced reflections as I walked up there I said to myself "this is silly why are you so nervous about playing in front of your bros and sisters in Christ?" As the prayer for the offering was said I said my own prayer: Dear God please let people think of the words and not my playing and please help me through the song. I played I Saw The Light perfectly with fiddle style and everything!!!! When I finished I heard thunderous appause and wooping (thanks to Norah and Christine) I thanked God the rest of the day I was just glad it was over!!!!!!!

13 comments:

landlooker said...

You did a great job Sandy, I am in awe of someone with as much talent as you, and the courage to get up there and play in front of so many people. Have a great week, see you guys sunday

Anonymous said...

Hey you girly, well we knew you were really nervous and we also knew you did a really great job!

"You" got there slightly before Sunday School? What about US? GOSH. You don't even mention the awesome slumber party. ; )

Anonymous said...

Thanks you two Norah it was not slightly before Sunday school it was slightly before Sunday school let out! get it striaght

And the slumber party did not give me the shakes so why would I put that in the post called "It gave me the shakes" besides this blog is all about me me me not you girls oh and did I mention how modest I am. Ha Ha later

Anonymous said...

Well gosh anyways you could have mentioned us. ; )

Anonymous said...

I did mention y'all I said Christine and Norah wooped and so you should be happy ;)

Anonymous said...

I am happy!

Anonymous said...

congrads that you are happy what a a surprise but I am happy also wow this is so strange we are happy at the same time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is strange! We should have a party to commemorate this strange occasion! Or we could go to Wal-Mart and check out Garrett!

Anonymous said...

Hey maybe we can buy one item and go through his line and then go out to the car drop the item off then go back into the store and buy another item go through his line and repeat till we have everything we want!!! Oh Garrett if only I knew who you were and your last name!!

Anonymous said...

lol! Sounds like a plan! When are you up to it? : D

kc said...

First of all: Sandy! You did great! I would have whooped for you too, except I don't usually whoop in church! lol

Who is this Garrett person? Have you guys been reading name-tags? tut tut. ;)

Mary Ellen said...

Hey Sands you really did an awesome job! The best yet I'd have to say. I bet you a million it was because of that prayer too. Gee I think life would be so much better if we were all a little more humble, eh?

Hey isn't it nice when they ramble on with the anouncments? I know it helped me alittle. =D

Yeah I wasn't so sure about the wooping in church but girl you deserved it! =D TTYL Y'all!

Anonymous said...

yep we read our hearts out!!! Garrett