Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Rose, But One

A rose, but one, none other rose had I,
A rose, one rose, and this was wondrous fair,
One rose, a rose that gladden'd earth and sky,
One rose, my rose, that sweeten'd all mine air-
I cared not for the thorns; the thorns were there.


One rose, a rose to gather by and by,
One rose, a rose, to gather and to wear,
No rose but one-what other rose had I?
One rose, my rose; a rose that will not die-
He dies who loves it,-if the worm be there.~~~From Pelleas and Ettarre by Tennyson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that. !!

Mary Ellen said...

Ahhh... I really like that one! It reminds me of the quote from Shakespeare about a rose.

Jae said...

I think when you get back from South Carolina you should put lots of pictures on your picture blog!!!! That sounds like a plan:)